Archive for Parties
What am I supposed to wear? I know everyone has had this dilemma more than once in their life. It seems to be an even harder question to answer when you have an event to attend! So here are a few tips and trends to help you figure out what to wear to wedding activities.
For the most part if you know where the event is being held, it is easier to determine whether to dress formal or casual. Almost always a rehearsal dinner is more casual than the actual wedding. So if the dinner is at an upscale restaurant semi-formal would be perfect. A nice pair of slacks or skirt with a dressy top or a dress would work for the ladies and a pair of khakis and button up shirt with a tie would work for the men. If the dinner is an outside BBQ, casual is the way to go. Men could wear a dark pair of jeans with a polo shirt and women could wear a casual dress or capri pants with a casual top. Here are some of the latest trends from www.shoplaroque.com and www.facebook.com/#!/Flirt.Florence.
Tips to remember:
- If the wedding is 6 PM or after it is always formal attire unless instructed otherwise.
- Ladies, never wear white to a wedding!
- If it’s a daytime wedding do not wear black.
- Make sure to avoid club clothes.
- If you have to ask if an outfit is appropriate it probably is not.
- A soft floral dress for a daytime wedding is always a winner!
- Always bring an extra pair of shoes for dancing!
- A wristlet is much easier to keep up with than a huge purse!
Since you will more than likely attend more than one wedding per wedding season, it would be a great idea to buy one dress or skirt that you can accessorize many different ways. One key piece of clothing can be changed into thousands of different outfits!
No matter what the event, be sure to add your own twist to any outfit!
BRAVO! Event & Party Rentals now has a blog.
That means that you can keep up to date with the latest trends in events and weddings. I will also be available for advice and answering any questions you may have about parties, rentals or planning.
Thanks for reading!